Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Manifesto: Part 4

Ever walk into a restaurant and stand around? All the other diners look at you and snicker constantly. You think maybe my fly is down, did I forget a belt again, is Lady's slip showing? 1 minute feels like an eternity. You are tempted to run out screaming and crying, only finally someone shows up to either ask "what are you doing here" or tells you "sit where you like."

I absolutely hate standing around like an idiot. It happens enough when I am not dining out. Give me a hostess stand please or at least a sign. Tell me what to do, where to sit, and reassure me that "my waiter will be right right with me."

Is that really too much to ask? If you own a restaurant where food is not ordered and delivered over a counter, then you must have a host/hostess. Simple as that.

No comments: