Sunday, February 1, 2009

Praline Bacon

In the past 2 weeks I have received multiple emails about the bacon explosion, and it got me to thinking about other porkographic treats that I enjoy. Numero uno on that list can be found at one of my favorite brunch spots: Elizabeth's in the Bywater.

Praline bacon is such a good idea that it's a wonder how no one thought of it sooner. Sweet and salty like the more widely known brown sugar or maple bacon, the bits of praline give this bacon a decidedly local flair. It's crunchy, sticky, and sweet and absolutely delicious.

2 comments:

Donnie Boy Riguez said...

I like SizzleLean.

Rémy Robert said...

That actually sounds brilliant. I've never liked bacon -- it's just another of the foods my dad cooked (sometimes overcooked) on an all too regular basis when I was a kid -- but I had a truly divine plate of bacon at Sip in New York that gave me hope. It sounds a bit like this, minus the praline... which is to say that it was brown sugary yummy bacon that somehow went beyond the pale of standard brown sugary yummy bacon...