Monday, October 19, 2009

BBQ

In response to this past weekend's uber successful Blues and BBQ Festival, we have decided to take a poll as to who in the city best harnesses the power of smoke. While I have yet to try them all, it's going to be difficult to supplant my favorite thus far.

Even though it's hard to imagine a plate of ribs or pulled pork without a side of potato salad or baked beans, in our opinion BBQ is all about the meat. Otherwise, I would probably vote Ugly Dog as my top choice because their cole slaw is out of this world. The alleged recipe can be found here.

By the way, The Pope votes for Boucherie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Ms. Hysters, is she still open? Hillbilly gets my vote for best baked beans, they are actually delicious, everywhere else, it's like are you kidding me. ch

Uncle Lee-Bird said...

Hillbilly BBQ definitely gets my vote for the best meat and sides....hands down. They really do their smoke right. The only bad thing....I don't care for their sauce at all. But then again, I'm a harsh critic because my husband and I make, bottle and sell our own sauce.

Anonymous said...

Weird, I love Hillbilly's sauce, and usuaally get a bottle to go. ch

Rene said...

The overwhelming victory by the Joint may say more about our reader's geographical limitations than anything. Nothing against The Joint, but Walker's is likely the best bbq in the area.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Hysters is still open and I hear it's very good. Hillbilly BBQ has amazing smoked turkey.