Friday, October 17, 2008

After Work Today...

Well, another week has passed. Now, some politicians have been debating pesky things lately. I recall something about taxing health care to pay for education and bailing out someone from prison. As we say in South Louisiana, irregardless, the weekend has arrived with a vengance and a chip on its shoulder.

Lindsay is out of town at a Balloon Festival in Natchez. Which has caused me to say "Those aren't hot air balloons, they're balloons for a paaaaaaaarrrrrrrty" all week. To take advantage of this manly night, I need to go somewhere for a good cocktail, a steak, and a cigar; all of which will hopefully lead to some belching.

I think La Boca would do the trick this evening. (Don't worry, Lindsay, I will let the dogs out first.) A frothy, strong Pisco Sour and some provoleta should get the kinks out. I like the flank, but the skirt with the skin would not suck either. Some fries, chimichurri, and a deep, rich malbec round out what will be the most one sided bachelor night in history. I may even go home and watch a football game on the History Channel while cutting my lawn.

As for the cigar that was all talk. No way I could hide that from Lindsay before she got home. And I won't do laundry on Bachelor Night. I'm not Robert Peyton.

Who wants to join?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Robert Peyton, Rene... why don't Peter and you have the street-cred to get a private sampling of Chef Link's new creations?

I'd think that, at the very least, this blog could get y'all some sort of 1/2 off deal at the Krystal on Bourbon.

Seems like you two have to learn to play politics a little better.

Anonymous said...

After re-reading Peyton's entries... maybe he didn't get a private sampling as much as "order them off the menu." Regardless, his pictures look really nice.

Rene said...

Wait, you just confused us for a reputable source...

Please dont ever make that mistake again.

Robert said...

You just reminded me I need to do some laundry.

Thanks duder!