Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Po-Boy Fest

As has been mentioned before from September of 2007 until April of 2008 your faithful scribe was exiled from the city of New Orleans. St. Louis is a wonderful town don't get me wrong, but they did not have a Po Boy Fest.

Unfortunately, I could not make the fest last year. Tears flowed, sobs were exchanged, and I spent three days wondering around grocery stores looking for Leidenheimer Bread, Blue Plate Mayo and those slimy pickles. When the cops finally found me, I had a Chisesi ham under my coat.

But I am back, and on Sunday I will be inhaling Po Boys faster than The Pope downs chargrilled oysters. The forecast is beautiful and there is no Saints game. Plus, if we don't eat things like Po Boys, Red Beans, and gumbo, then we become St. Louis. And it is cold in St. Louis.

Ohh, and listen it is Po Boy. I dont care what Father Tom claims nor whatever menus he consults. Languages and pronunciations are constantly evolving and the word is now Po Boy. Besides this is a guy who claims to be a Jesuit Alum yet he graduated from Rummel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep giving that kind of guff to Uncle Tom, and you'll be Shut Up and Write About Food: the Sequel. (Ha!)

But I agree, it's po-boy (and not po' boy as every non-local editor insists). Language evolves.

Rene said...

We kid because we love...

Anonymous said...

That's what she said.