Wednesday, December 24, 2008

While We Are Away...

The blog needs a vacation. She has worked very hard this year, rarely taking a day off. She has not even started shopping for the other blogs in her life. (What do you get for the Appetites that has everything? Also, we think Cork & Bloggle may be Jewish leading to that whole awkward, "Merry Chri...errr Happy Chanukah?" interaction.) Plus, the blog's office party ended poorly in a janitor's closet. So this will be the last post for 2008.

Face it, you have no desire to ruin your holiday/vacation by looking at a blog you read while at work. We will save our limited creative energy for the next odd year.

But here is a humorous story. The Friday before Christmas found Lindsay, the Avinator, and I for a light dinner following the festivities at Old Absinthe House. The food, save the raw oysters, was forgettable, only it was so bad I can't. I really want to like a Brennan joint (save Ralph's on the Park, which I find great), but they make it very hard. For instance, when I informed the waiter that the calamari arrived cold and soggy, he shrugged at me and said, "Well that is your opinion."

So after almost a year of trying to write about food and restaurants in New Orleans, I know exactly where we stand and what industry people think of our opinion. And quite frankly, it is a good spot to be. Moving madly on...

Thanks to one of our fans (yes, we actually have a few) we recently became alerted to this foodblog by a senior at McGehee, which is an all girls high school in New Orleans. Oops, I think we just made it on Chris Hanson's radar. Prison be damned, the author's writing style, sophistication, and elegance beats the snot out of this crap.

Enjoy the holidays. Be careful around New Years; call United Cab, tell them Legend told you to put it on his cab account. And if you are in town for the Sugar Bowl, thanks.

We have many exciting things planned for the coming year, including our one year anniversary party, the announcement of the Dude, You Were So Blackened Out Last Year Awards, a list of resolutions, and we are sponsoring a football game in South Florida between the winners of the American Football Conference and the National Football Conference. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Robert said...

I want a pony, and not one of those "Peter dressed up in a horse suit" jobs I got last year.

Rene said...

You will get nothing and like it!

Rémy Robert said...

WOW, I am immensely flattered! I'd say you dumb yourself/selves down a bit; I enjoy reading it so the writing must be good. I only wish I had the kind of things to write about that y'all do! Maybe someday...

Anonymous said...

Avoid the Clap!

Anonymous said...

Peyton doesn't take a break for the holidays.